Monday, August 24, 2009

Long Overdue Blog Update!

I'm sure you're thinking "well, well, well... lookie who decided to give us an update"... DOH! I'm so sorry I've been neglegent! Hopefully those few folks who are using this as their source of info know that you are more than welcome to email us at any time to get information! Particularly since I'm such a bad blogger :)

So, I'm now 21 weeks along and my tummy is finally making an appearance! Yay! It's not a huge appearance, but it's better than just feeling fat! I like it. Bring on the belly. :) Here's a picture of me on Sunday at 21 weeks 1 day...



At 19 weeks 6 days we had our ultrasound, the one and only... we saw our beautiful little baby moving around and posing for us, but this sneaky little munchkin (gets the sneaky bit from Daddy) decided to keep us guessing on the gender! Argh! The technician said that she thought she saw "external plumbing" and then later again said she thought she saw a "kickstand"... insinuating boy, of course... but then she was very wishy-washy and refused to commit to it! She actually said she wouldn't go out and buy everything blue for a boy!?!?! Ahh! This planning mama-to-be is not loving the not knowing... but alas, according to our doctor's read of the films, we have a healthy and beautiful growing baby, which is truly ALL that matters, so we'll take healthy over finding out the gender any day. So, mystery-baby, you win. :)

Here's a pic from the ultrasound... see if you can see the face and the fist... s/he is resting his chin on the fist in the "thinker" pose... HA! We're doomed with a conniving little devil! It's already plotting against us!!!



On that note, we started registering on Babies'R'Us and Pottery Barn Kids for things we'll need, and we're planning a neutral nursery, hopefully we won't get TOO much gender-neutral clothes for the baby because Ryan hates when he sees a baby that's wearing neutral clothes because he can't figure out what it is and he wants to make it easy for other people, HA! But we'll have to make due for the first few months and then go shopping later after we know what we've got! In the meantime we've gotten some wonderful brown/ivory/natural looking gifts that will go either way, and I know this baby will support all of the Denver sports teams, and Colorado State, as well... so those will be safe bets! HA! Anyways, we'll see! Time to hone in on two baby names because we can't choose just boy or girl now, gotta be ready for either! Here's an adorable neutral onesie that my fab friend Lisa sent along... loves it!



So, other than that, there isn't much more to report... we've had a wonderful summer and though I hate to see summer come to an end, I do welcome fall and its cooler weather, changing foliage, candy corn and pumpkins! :)

I will try to be better about updating this blog! Sorry to be so terrible about it! Feel free to nag me.

Oh, and I'm updating my belly pictures about every other week on our Edwards' Family Shutterfly site if you're interested in keeping tabs that way!

Best to all,
Momma-to-be

No comments: