Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Not much to report!

Well hello! Not much news here, just wanted to check in so ya'all know we're alive and kickin' (quite literally for the littlest member of our family! ha!). The baby is indeed moving around in there! I love it! I absolutely adore feeling it move. To me it's just a nice little message s/he's sending on up saying "hi mom! I'm okay!"... :)

We still don't know the gender, and probably won't be finding out prior to his/her arrival, so we're preparing for the unknown. We have started registering for baby goods at 2 stores: Pottery Barn Kids and Babies R Us. My mom and Ryan's mom are planning our baby shower for Sunday, October 25th with a lot of help from so many wonderful girlfriends. I'm sure there are more cooks in the kitchen than can fit, but all the help is very much appreciated and I know just how much I'm loved and how much this baby will be loved... *Warm Fuzzy*...

I'm still attempting to be active, so I'm doing a lot of DVD workouts in the basement, and am also doing some run/walking outdoors. My endurance is definitely waning, but I know it's because this wonderful little baby is pushing on my lungs and that's a-ok with me... keep growing, baby! Keep taking over my innards! HA!

So that's really all that's fit to print on the baby front... here's a picture of me at 24 weeks, my belly is definitely starting to make an appearance!


In other family news, Ryan's dad was diagnosed with Bladder Cancer in the last couple weeks so we're trying to cope with that and be as helpful as possible to he and also to Megan & Mike who are able to be of the utmost help to him since they are closer. Say some prayers that the cancer was isolated and removed in surgery on Aug 31st and that the chemo he'll be receiving over the next few months is more of a precautionary measure than anything else. Also keep Mike in your thoughts as the doctors try to figure out what is causing his occasional seizures.

Really though we are doing wonderfully and are feeling well and are happy and enjoying the slightly cooler fall weather. Fall for us means one more season of softball till winter hits (for Ryan, that is, I've officially hung up my cleats till next spring), the beginning of indoor Flag Football for Ryan, Fantasy Football and NFL Sunday goodness, Candy Corn, Pumpkin Spice Lattes, and cooler weather (for me, phew).

We hope you all are well... as always I'm uploading my belly pictures to our Dward Family Shutterfly site, feel free to browse!
as always,
the willies

No comments: