Thursday, October 15, 2009

28 weeks... The 3rd Trimester... YAY!

Well hello! Yes, it's been a while! No news is good news, right? :)

So we had our 28 week OB appointment last Friday, October 9th, and everything seems to be healthy! Hooray! My BP is fabulous, and let's not talk about my weight gain, with the exception of saying that the doctor and nurse both told me separately that I'm doing great. Phew! The mystery baby's heartrate is in the low 140s at this point, so when Dr. Gibson threw her guess into the baby-gender-pool, she guessed Team Pink. So we'll see!

This doc visit was also the big Glucose Tolerance Test visit... whoppee! It meant peeing in a cup, then guzzling a sugary cocktail and then waiting for an hour and then having blood drawn to compare glucose levels. I passed! Hooray! Excellent. Must be all that candy corn training I do... I scoff at their tolerance test, gimme a real challenge people. ;) Sure, it was nasty, but after my sugar coma passed, I was ready to finish off some festive Brach's Pumpkins... bring it on. HA!

Other baby news? Well, let's see now... we've started to receive gifts from people who won't be able to join us for the shower next weekend, so that's always exciting! And we also placed our order at Direct Buy for the car seat, extra base, crib, dresser and mattress. And already the car seat, extra base and mattress have arrived here at the house! Very exciting. The nursery is very empty right now, I can't wait for the arrival of my mum on Wednesday (the 21st) with the cradle and rocking chair, and for the arrival of the crib and dresser so we can really get this party started!

Last week I got to spend time with my fabulous old friend Emilia and her newborn, Lucia Rose, who is just a DOLL. So amazing to think how far we've come since we met... oh boy, maybe I shouldn't relive my college memories on this "family friendly" blog... but let's just say, we're a long way from St. Mary's College right now, both married and moms (or moms-to-be!)!!! Crazy-talk. But her husband agreed that we're still the same 2 girls... giggly and silly as ever.

Other family news? Randy (Ryan's Dad) started his chemo treatment this week, on Monday, and seems to be doing pretty well with it. I believe he has his next treatment this coming Monday, so that might be a bit tougher, being the 2nd round right on top of the 1st. And then I think he has a week off for recovery before another 2 rounds back-to-back again. So all seems well right now on that front, we'll keep you posted as he gets further along in his treatments.

Well, I'll leave you with a picture of me at 28 weeks... oy vey! Look at that belly!!! :)


best as always,
*alliwilli

No comments: