Riley is on a pretty regular self-regulated schedule these days... he eats on average every 3 hours or so, during the day, and keeps that through the night, with some exceptions. We enjoy the longer exceptions overnight, that's for sure! At his 1 month appointment he was 8 pounds and 21 1/2" long, so we're anxious to see where he's at next week at his 2 month appointment! He seems SO HUGE to us, but we know he's still just a little guy, the size of some newborns!
When he is awake, he's very alert, it's SO fun to watch him take everything in... Daddy likes to read him books, and he'll look at the pages with interest and curiousity, it's very cute. I think he's working on his smile... he likes to coo and make big wide mouthed faces that I can only imagine are on their way to being grins! It's very fun to watch.
Here are a couple of pictures that I took with my cell, so they are a bit grainy, but I haven't been good about using my real camera, while I'm overly snap-happy with my blackberry, so these'll have to do!
This first one is a good look at Riley when he's hungry and unhappy... Breaks my heart when he's so sad! And the second one is one that Ryan and I find hilarious... he's in his crib for a nap, with Billy-the-goat... Riley isn't quite sure WHAT to make of Billy... so he just continues to suck on his soother and stare at the goat. HA! He didn't cry though, so he and the goat are warming up to one another... heh heh... And the last picture is a peaceful one of our little man snoozing in the swing. <3



Love to all,
the Williams


1 comment:
Awww what a sweet little guy! I know how hard the "saying goodbye" to your parents is. Believe me, I know... and it doesn't get much easier. But you have amazing parents who love you and will bounce back and forth a lot more now... and each visit will be that much more special because you don't see them regularly!
I am glad things are going so well. You guys are always on our minds!!!!
xoxo
Post a Comment