Thursday, May 13, 2010

My First Mother's Day!

First of all, a HUGE shout-out and Congratulations to my cousin Dave and his fabuloso wife, Kris, who had a beautiful baby girl, Cathleen Maebh Edwards, yesterday, 5/12/2010... a collossal 8 pounds 11 oz and 20.5" long! PERFECT and GORGEOUS. Kris, you are AMAZING! No drugs, fast L&D, and a beautiful healthy little baby-girl! The first GIRL great-grandbaby for Nana! :) CONGRATS AGAIN to Dave, Kris and Liam!
Welcome, Catie... She's gorgeous, no?


Okay, now, back to Mother's Day... my first. HOW WONDERFUL. What an honor. It was so amazing to be on the Mom side of things for the first time! What a wonderful feeling!

I actually forgot to have Ryan take pictures of us on our first Mom's day, wahh, but I did manage to remember to take one with my cell phone, so it's not very good, but it's us! :)


So, for my First Mother's day, my WONDERFUL and uber thoughtful husband bought me a GORGEOUS ring with a blue topaz centered in diamond chips in Sterling Silver... Blue Topaz is Riley's birthstone!!! How thoughtful is that?! Anyways, I know it's lame to brag and post, but here it is... fabness?!?!!? :) I Love Yous, Ryan AND Riley!!!! MUUAH! I assured Ryan that though it was super wonderful to get such a gift this year, he is in no way expected to go so far above and beyond next year, a simple bouquet of flowers and breakfast in bed, would suffice :)

Here's my new bling...


Then, we spent the day just relaxing here at the house... we did some yard-work while Riley napped, and we got breakfast at Einstien Bagels (lox, mm)... really not too much, just a wonderful family day! And luckily it was our first truly beautiful spring day on a weekend... mind you, that quickly changed with the snow and rain we've gotten this week! HA!

Anyways, it was a wonderful day to enjoy one another and our little man. I can't wait to celebrate Ryan's first Father's Day while we're in Florida!!!
Best to all, especially the newest Edwards... ;)
xo

2 comments:

Carmine said...

So glad that your first mother's day was such a wonderful memory for you! And GREAT job on picking out the gift Ryan! Here's to many, many more mother's days!

krave said...

Awwwwwww thank you so much! We're pretty darn happy and we think she's gorgeous too! :)

And what a sweet and special first Mother's Day. Though I am certain that you are celebrated by your boys EVERY day!

GREAT job on the ring, Ryno! I'm the lucky recipient of a few pieces of blue topaz jewels myself. December is a GREAT month! :)

Happy first Mother's Day!!!! xoxo