Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Chillin' on the Deck!

Hello there! Well, no real news fit to print, but thought I should post something before we head to Florida next week! I hope to have plenty of great pictures and stories to share when we get back on the 22nd. We fly next Tuesday, the 15th and will spend 2 nights on St. Pete's Beach at the Grand Plaza Beachfront Hotel where we'll get to spend some time with Ryan's extended family (Riley's Great-Grammy Acker, Great-Grandpa Acker, Great-Aunt Peggy, Great-Uncle Ray...). Then we'll drive 2 1/2 hours down the coast to Sanibel Island where we'll spend 5 nights at the Sanibel Inn just the 3 of us enjoying one another and some wonderful and long overdue down-time. :)

This past weekend we did some painting on the back deck (we had the deck professionally refinished but are painting the white railings/spindles ourselves) so while we were out back, we set Riley up out there with us and since it was so sunny I moved the patio table's umbrella over and hooked him up with some shade... heh. He was happy as can be... I was sweltering in the sun, but he was happy! ha!


The only other news is that I "hired" our caretaker, Mahin's pre-teen middle school daughter, Mona, to come over on Wednesdays when Mahin is unavailable to mind Riley, to serve as a mother's helper so I can get my 5-6 hours of work done... we start today, she'll be here from 11am till 3pm, 4 hours at $5/hour... not too shabby! We'll see how it goes. If I could get 6 hours in on Wednesdays then it would make my life a lot easier. :)

Here's a picture of Riley with Mona...


More when we get back from Sunny Florida!
Love,
The Willies

1 comment:

Carmine said...

Cool new deck (well, new to you!). Can't wait to see the pictures from FL!